Insulating carbon black, also known as electrical insulating carbon black or non-conductive carbon black.
Compared with other carbon black products, insulating carbon black has higher electrical insulation properties and thermal stability. Therefore, insulating carbon black is widely used in electronics, electrical appliances, electric power and other fields.
The main characteristics of insulating carbon black are:
- Good electrical insulation performance: it has high resistivity, so it has good electrical insulation performance.
- Good thermal stability: it has high thermal stability and can be used at high temperature.
- Good processing performance: it has good processing performance, is easy to mix and press, and has high fixability.
- Poor conductivity: not suitable for conductive applications.
Production process of Non-conductive carbon black
It is usually produced by zeolite method and activated carbon method. The zeolite method is to produce insulating carbon black by using zeolite as an oxidizing agent, and the activated carbon method is to produce carbon black by using activated carbon as an oxidizing agent. Both methods require high temperature sintering to obtain insulating carbon black.
During production, raw materials, such as graphite, charcoal and zeolites, are pretreated before being mixed and sintered. The sintering temperature needs to be properly controlled to ensure that the insulating carbon black produced has high electrical insulation properties.
The insulating carbon black produced needs to be crushed and screened to obtain the required particle size. Finally, It also requires surface treatment to improve its adhesion to plastics.
Application of insulating carbon black
Insulating carbon black is widely used in electronics, electrical appliances, power and other fields. The main applications are as follows:
- Electrical industry: It can be used to manufacture wires, cables, insulating materials and other electrical appliances. ,
- Power industry: It can be used to manufacture power cables, insulators and other power equipment.
- Chemical industry: It can be used in the manufacture of carbon black coatings, anti-corrosion coatings and other chemical products.
- Other fields: It can also be used in the manufacture of blackening agents, absorbents and other products.
Compared with other carbon blacks, non-conductive carbon black has the following advantages:
- 1. Good electrical insulation performance: due to the special production process, its electrical insulation performance is better than other carbon blacks.
- 2. Stable color: The color of carbon black is stable, not easy to change color, suitable for the manufacture of products that require stable color.
- 3. Good anti-oxidation performance: It has high anti-oxidation performance, which can prevent the product from being affected by oxidation during use.
- 4. Environmental protection: There are no toxic substances in the production process and no pollution to the environment.
Insulating carbon is a kind of carbon black with high application value, suitable for electrical insulation, electrical appliances, electric power and other fields.