What are the indicators of Conductive Carbon Black?
The indicators of conductive carbon black include iodine absorption value, oil absorption value, apparent specific volume, pH, particle size, ash content, specific resistance, sieve residue, volatile matter, specific surface area, moisture, impurities, etc.
The meaning of each of these indicators is different.
Which indicators are related to electrical conductivity?
Although there are many indicators of conductive carbon black, there are not many indicators related to electrical conductivity, mainly including: carbon black particle size, oil absorption value, specific surface area, surface volatile matter, ash content and moisture.
What are the key indicators?
There are so many indicators of conductive carbon black, and the key indicators are all indicators related to electrical conductivity : the particle size , the specific surface area , and the surface Volatile.
1. The particle size and particle size distribution of conductive carbon black are different due to the production conditions and particle growth conditions, so the particle diameter of special conductive carbon is not uniform. The particle diameter usually referred to only has the meaning of statistical average.
2. The specific surface area of conductive carbon black is an index that reflects the size of the outer surface of the powder material. For a porous powder material, the specific surface area is the sum of the surface area in the pores and the outer surface area.
Generally speaking, the particle size of a powder material is inversely proportional to its specific surface area, so the measurement of the specific surface area can qualitatively reflect the particle size of the powder.
3. The volatile matter on the surface of conductive carbon black is also a key indicator. The hydroxyl groups on the surface indicate that there are silanol groups on the surface of conductive carbon black, and many applications of conductive carbon are directly related to this group. Therefore, the conductivity The surface hydroxyl groups of carbon black are very important.
The data of hydroxyl groups on the surface of conductive carbon black generally include total hydroxyl groups, adjacent hydroxyl groups, isolated hydroxyl groups, etc.
The latter two are combined on the surface of special conductive carbon black in the form of Si-OH, collectively referred to as bound hydroxyl groups; the total hydroxyl group is the sum of bound hydroxyl groups and hydroxyl groups in water molecules adsorbed on the surface of special conductive carbon black.
Application of Conductive Carbon Black
1. Used in the manufacture of anti-static products: conductive foam tubes, charging rollers, static eliminators, anti-static conveyor belts, anti-static rubber sheets, anti-static boxes, hollow boards, anti-static tubes, medical rubber products, carpets, copier rolls , printing machine rolls, electronic component packaging films, explosion-proof cables, antistatic table mats, antistatic soles, etc.
2. Used in the manufacture of conductive products: conductive rubber, conductive plastics, cable shielding materials, planar heating elements, conductive films, elastic electrodes, printed circuits, conductive coatings, battery electrodes, conductive inks, conductive fibers, conductive leather products and bonding agent.