Application of Specialty Carbon Black in Refractories
Carbon black for refractory materials can be used as raw materials for basic refractory bricks, such as magnesia bricks or chrome-magnesia bricks. It is used in the masonry of brick furnaces, open hearth furnaces or electric furnaces for steelmaking because it reduces the intrusion and penetration of nocturnal metals. Refractory bricks are extended. It is also mainly used for refractory materials such as skateboards, nozzles, and seat bricks.
Performance characteristics of carbon black for refractory materials
1. Extremely high carbon purity can increase the carbon content in refractory bricks.
2. The low structure, wide particle size distribution, low ash content and acid silicide content of carbon black can increase the density of refractory bricks.
3. Improve the thermal shock resistance, chemical resistance, heat resistance and activity slag resistance of refractory bricks.
4. High PH value is suitable for basic carbon-based refractories.
5. The chemical reactivity is stronger than that of graphite, and it is easier to form a carbide structure and form a stable carbide crystal.
6. The sulfur content is very low, which is conducive to environmental protection.
7. Carbon black particles are finer, easy to disperse, and easy to combine with other raw materials.
8. The uniform particle diameter facilitates the use of automatic charging system.
In the refractory industry and the steel industry, it is believed that the greater the density of carbon-based refractory bricks, the longer its service life inside the steel furnace, and the carbon black used for professional refractory materials reduces the immersion and penetration of liquid metal. The service life is extended and high-quality refractory materials can be produced.